lördag 21 mars 2020

the mirror


In the mirror
I see myself
as I am
as I once was
as I once will be

I see my different ages
pass before me

the small curly girl
smiling with light

the teenager
angry with the world
so lost in sorrows
of her own

the young mother
full of love
with too many weights
on her shoulders
forgetting to live
also for herself

I see my present self
tired and worn
rewilding
refinding
trying to rest
to find who she will be
tomorrow

Full of love
I see
the woman
I can become
the old one
with long grey hair
face marked of the years
mature
knowing
loving

And among them all
in the distance
the part of me that was ever present
in my deepest core
the light within
the glowing heart

everlasting
everliving
love







with special thanks to Blythe Rowan





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar